Otsego Public Schools is excited to bring Purple Week back this fall! This biennial event raises money for cancer and Parkinson's research at Van Andel Institute in Grand Rapids. 100% of proceeds goes directly into medical research. This year will mark Otsego's 7th Purple Community event; the district and community have raised more than $115,000 to date.
Purple Week is scheduled for the end of September with various sports teams and our band trading in the traditional blue and gold for purple for the cause. This year's theme is "No One Fights Alone". Cancer and Parkinson's Disease affect so many of our loved ones and this is an opportunity for our community to come together.
We are raising money several ways. We are selling Purple Week t-shirts and sweatshirts, taking donations and honoring loved ones with special purple jerseys during our Purple Week athletic events.
The deadline to order is September 12th.
Here is a list of purple athletic events:
- September 20th - Varsity volleyball vs. Mattawan, 6pm
- September 20th - Girls Swim & Dive vs. Plainwell, 6pm
- September 27th - Varsity tennis vs. Kalamazoo Central, 4pm
- September 28th - Varsity boys soccer vs. Plainwell, 6:30pm
- September 30th - Varsity football vs. Gull Lake (Our cheerleaders and band are also going purple for the big Purple Game!)
Would you like to donate? Click this link to help the cause! Thank you!