OMS Athletic Director
Middle School Sports Participation Procedure
The Athletic Department has developed a “Sign-Up Completion Slip – Gold Card” which each participating athlete must possess prior to the MHSAA Designated date for first practice, of their sport. Sign up for middle school Winter Season II sports will begin Wednesday, December 06, 2017, during lunch and on-line. Sign-ups will continue until the start of Winter Season II sports (please check with your student as they may have already signed up at school).
Monday - Friday: 7:15am - 3:30pm
The first day of practice for Winter Season II Sports:
- Monday, January 3rd – Girls Basketball and Wrestling
This “Gold Card” will be issued to each athlete and/or parent upon completion of the sign up requirements and prior to any athlete being allowed to participate in tryouts or the first day of practice. The former practice of allowing partial completion of sign up requirements will not be allowed.
To help speed up the sign up process in the office, please complete this brief online registration form
. You will still need to stop by the main office to turn in the appropriate paperwork and fee in order to receive your “Gold Card”. The “Gold Card” will be issued to the student athlete and/or parent when the following items have been verified and the required forms are completed and on file in the main office.
The following requirements must be met:
- Student is enrolled full time at Otsego Middle School.
- A sport physical dated after April 15, 2017 is on file in the athletic office- (1 copy per year).
- A Parent Consent/Medical Emergency Form is on file in the athletic office – (1 copy per year).
- Transportation Form allowing release with an approved driver is on file in the athletic office- (1 copy per year).
- $10.00 Activity Fee is paid per sport season.
Click the links below for the 2017-18 Sports Information for athletes and families, the registration packet and transportation permission form. If you are unable to access these forms on the website, you can pick them up from the Otsego Middle School office at the hours listed above.