OPS Athletic Department Update - October 14, 2020
Spectator Limit Adjustment
The health and safety of our students, staff and community has been the top priority in the district as our schools reopen and athletic events resume this year. With that in mind, and with the latest data we are receiving from the Allegan County Health Department, we will be limiting spectators at our athletic events back to two tickets per participant. This will be in place for all middle and high school athletic events through the fall season and takes effect immediately. Anyone who has purchased tickets online will be refunded. We appreciate your understanding of this adjustment and the importance of the safety of our school community. Thank you.
NOTICE FOR THE 10/16/20 FOOTBALL GAME VS. STURGIS
There are no general admission tickets available for Friday's game. No tickets will be sold online or at the gate. Only spectators with a valid ticket will be allowed entry to the complex.
Things to know for ticket holders:
- Gates will open one hour before the published start time of the contest.
- Spectators must have no Covid-19 symptoms and have not knowingly been exposed to Covid-19.
- All spectators will wear a mask covering the nose and mouth at all times while inside the athletic complex.
- Any spectator leaving the athletic complex will NOT be readmitted.
- Fans who do not comply with these rules will be asked to leave the complex.
- Concessions will not be available.
Watch the Livestream of our games!
We will make every attempt to stream our contests live on the Otsego HS Athletics Facebook page; volleyball games are streamed on the Otsego Volleyball Facebook and Instagram pages. You do not need a Facebook account to view the page and livestream. Thank you for your support!
Please note: Face masks are required by all spectators and social distancing must be followed at all indoor and outdoor events. We appreciate your cooperation with these guidelines.
It's a great day to be a Bulldog! Otsego High School proudly offers a wide variety of athletic opportunities for our young men and women to broaden their educational experience. Following the academic mission of Otsego Public Schools, our student-athletes hold good sportsmanship above any trophy in their drive to always play their best.
Notice regarding physicals for the 2020-21 school year:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) will accept sports physicals completed for the 2019-20 year. As long as your child has a physical dated on or after April 15, 2019, it can be used for the 2020-21 year if you fill out the additional health questionnaire. (This form is also linked within the Final Forms registration, but is here if you would prefer to print it.)
FinalForms Athlete Online Registration
We are very excited to announce that the Otsego Middle and High School Athletic Departments have partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign athletic participation forms for your students online. The most exciting news is that FinalForms saves data from season-to-season and year-to-year, meaning that you will never need to enter the same information twice! You will review your information once per school year to verify information is current and sign the forms. Tools within this program will also improve communication between coaches, parents, athletes and trainers.
A couple of notes before you begin:
- Before starting the registration process, please click on the Parent Playbook below to help you with the online registration process. Please note, once you register, you will receive an email to confirm your account, create a password and then complete the required forms. You will need a number of forms on hand, which is explained in the Playbook.
- Have required information available, such as medical history, health information, insurance company policy numbers, doctor, dentist and hospital information. This will make your registration time more efficient.
- Parents will need to fill in your student’s email address. Families must use the student’s @otsegops.org email address. Your student will then need to check their email for information on how to complete their portion of the registration.
- Bookmark the FinalForms site or save it to your desktop or mobile device. (A Google search will not go directly to the Otsego site.)
All Otsego middle and high school student-athletes are required to be registered in our online athletic registration program.
Otsego Parent Playbook link
To register your student-athlete, please go to: https://otsego-mi.finalforms.com
Thank you for your assistance and support in streamlining our paperwork processes for Otsego Middle and High School Athletics. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us in the athletic department:
Marcia Hukill, OHS Athletic Dept. Administrative Asst.
Carrie Curtiss, OMS Athletic Dept. Administrative Asst.