Otsego Public Schools has prepared three separate learning plans using the most updated health guidelines and information available at the time. These plans were created through a group effort and included the Otsego Parent Survey results, an OPS team of teachers and administrators, the Michigan Return to School Roadmap, our current guidelines set forth for Phase (4) in the MI Safe Start Plan and health guidelines at the local, state and national level.
The three plans are:
- Hybrid Learning Plan - Students will come return to school with a combination of in-person and remote learning (Phase 4)
- Remote Learning Plan - All students will receive instruction remotely, school buildings are not open. (Must occur in Phases 1-3)
- Face-to-Face Learning Plan - All students return for in-person instruction full time (can occur when we enter Phase 5)
HYBRID LEARNING PLAN
Otsego Public Schools will begin the 2020-21 School Year with a Hybrid Learning Plan where students are split into two cohorts and each go to school in person two days a week and go to school remotely three days a week. Smaller class sizes will help reduce contact with others and allow for social distancing. This also limits the number of students in the hallways and cafeterias at one time. Given our current phase (Phase 4 of the MI Safe Start Plan) and health guidelines, we feel this is a plan that best addresses the health and safety of our students and staff while resuming in-person learning.
What does it look like?
- Students will receive instruction both in person and at home online through Google Classroom and/or packets.
- At-home, remote learning days will be more structured than the spring, contain new content and will align with in-person instructional days. Teachers will prepare students for their at-home content that best aligns with current units of study. This is a not a live instructional model, families have flexibility in completing student work to mee the needs of family schedules.
- In-person instruction is spread out through the week (M/Th or T/F) to provide students with directions and guidance for at-home work; to provide a mid-week, in-person check-in to help with questions, assignments and preparedness for the following remote learning day(s); and reduces the number of remote learning days in a row.
- Wednesdays will include intervention times for those who need it, staff professional development, and planning.
- Content taught in the Hybrid Learning Plan is the same for both Blue & Gold groups.
- Classrooms will have approximately 12-15 students each (whenever possible.)
- Low class sizes allows for social distancing practices, increased space in rooms
Hybrid Learning Plan Schedule:
- OPS students will be in two groups - Blue & Gold.
- Blue - attends school on Mondays & Thursday, remote learning takes place on Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday.
- Gold - attends school in person on Tuesdays and Fridays; remote learning takes place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.