Special Education Department
Programs and services located in the Otsego Public Schools include:
- Early Childhood Special Education - a special education classroom designed to provide preschool aged students with disabilities services to prepare them for Kindergarten.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Regional Elementary Classroom - a special education classroom designed to provide intensive services to elementary aged students with ASD. Students from all districts in Allegan County are invited to participate in this classroom if they qualify.
- Hearing and Visual Consultant Services - specialists in the area s of hearing and visual impairments work with students in our local schools to support them in the general education classroom.
- Level 3 Programs - these programs are designed to provide educational services to students with disabilities who need more intensive learning support both in the classroom and in life.
- Level 2 Programs - these services are designed to provide students with disabilities academic and social support within the general education classroom and curriculum
- Level 1 Programs - these services are designed to provide support to students with disabilities who need minimal help in the general education curriculum.
In addition to the programs and services provided locally in the Otsego Public Schools, students with special needs also attend specialized county programs at the Hillside Learning and Behavior Center. Hillside's West campus houses programs for students with severe cognitive, physical, and neurologic impairments. Hillside's East campus houses programs for students with severe emotional and behavioral impairments.